- We hope you and your families had a wonderful Thanksgiving and week off from school. Thank you again for all of your contributions to our class feast and for your help! We are very excited for the Tree Lighting event this Saturday. We have been practicing the songs for our performance, but it’s not enough. Please practice at home with your child. The CD was sent home the week before Thanksgiving break and the lyrics were emailed as well. If your child is performing at the Tree Lighting, you must arrive at the Rec. Center classroom at 4:30PM, so we can practice and line up for the outdoor stage. Parking will be a challenge, so you may want to arrive earlier. Our performance time is 5PM. It will be chilly so please dress warm. Students are encouraged to wear red, white, or black. We will also be handing out reindeer antler at the event. Come by and visit our booth!!
- We will be holding optional mini parent-teacher conferences, so please sign up with your child’s teacher as soon as possible. Miss Johnson’s conferences will be Thursday, Dec. 6th, and Mrs. Hernandez’ conferences will be Monday, Dec. 10th. Students will be in one combined classroom during conferences. This is an opportunity for us to share your child’s academic and social growth and set goals for the next session.
- Due to the Special Olympics on Saturday, Dec. 8th, the Rec. Center will be closed. There will not be class on Friday, Dec. 7th (class cost has already been prorated).
- We are not having a holiday party at the end of the session, but rather a student performance of our holiday music on Thurs & Fri Dec. 13th & 14th at 11:30AM. We will be watching a holiday movie following the performance until the end of class. It is also pajama day, so encourage your child to wear his or her pajamas and bring their favorite holiday book to share with the class.
- Thank you again for your tremendous help and support. We are looking forward to all of the excitement next month.
You must log in to post a comment.